Friday, February 26, 2010

Zen and the Art of Axel Vervoordt


Here is a link to a great article about Axel Vervoordt, from the online edition of Art + Auction magazine.

The article mentions a Wabi hut on the grounds at 's-Gravenwezel, 'made of earth and fallen tree limbs'. I am fascinated by this, especially considering the vast store of tree limbs still awaiting removal here, the result of a recent ice storm. If any of you have seen it, please let me know more about it.

Happy reading and good weekend.

p.s. I found a picture of the Wabi pavillion; it's in the slideshow that accompanies the article.

Photo by Laziz Hamani

8 comments:

  1. Hi, James. I've been checking in. Happy to see more on our favorite guy. I'll be on the look-out for the photo. Hope you are doing well. Warm wishes to you ~LeAnn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you James for mentioning this, it's the most beautiful article I ever red about him!
    He doesn't stop amazing us...he's is so cultivate. I don't understand where he get's all this energy!!

    Have a nice weekend,
    Brigitte.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning, thank you for visiting my blog. You sound very dedicated to your renovation project and it looks like it's coming along nicely. I didn't know anything about Axel Vervoordt, but will check out the article. My son is an artist, mostly oils, you can check out some of his paintings at Frank@francescolombardo.com. I'll keep checking in to your blog to watch your progress on the farmhouse. Where is it located?

    ReplyDelete
  4. LeAnn - the picture was there all along, I just didn't view the slideshow until this morning.

    Brigitte - I agree, this is such a great article, he continues to amaze and inspire.

    Farm Girl - Welcome! Nice blog you have as well. Sorry but the witness protection program prohibits me from revealing the location of Garvinweasel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. James,

    Love Vervoordt. Glad you are well. Hope you are having a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much James for letting us know this!
    xx
    Greet

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for letting us know . I'm going to check

    ReplyDelete